The priority of the Jacksonville Police Department is to protect the general public. However, they alone cannot do anything unless the community also supports them in this mission. Break-ins, intrusion, and burglary can happen anytime and at any hour of the day. The major theft happens during holidays when most families are away for vacation.
Many families install alarm systems jacksonville. Advanced technology and smart devices have helped many families to protect their homes from intruders. The alarm system alerts neighbors and nearby police stations of unexpected intrusion. Motion-sensing lights in the patio and alley alert neighbors when there is an unexpected stranger. For best service, please visit alarm companies jacksonville.
You can always follow other methods to protect your home from break-ins –
- Lock your windows and doors at all hours, whether you are outside on your property or within your home. Keep your belongings in an extremely secure place.
- Change the passcodes on your electronic locks and garage doors regularly.
- Keep your windows covered and your garage door locked to keep valuables out of sight.
- Install sliding glass door locks, and bolt locks.
- Trim shrubs and bushes to remove hiding places, and never leave keys outside under a pot or in the letterbox.
- Don’t post about your trip or travel plans on social media.
- Don’t leave anything expensive in your car, and make sure the doors are always locked.
- If you live in a rental, your property manager should be notified of any security concerns, such as dim illumination near entrances or areas of easy access.
Today, burglars are smart enough to use smart technologies. They can enter your home quietly in a fraction of seconds. If you make your home difficult to break in, they will target another house in the neighborhood.